- Compound of odd + ball. Attested since the 1940s, with the adjective appearing earlier than the noun.
- bizara; bizarulo; stranga; strangulo
- An eccentric or unusual person.
- 1989, Maris Soule, Storybook Hero, page 5:
- "She's different, mister. A real oddball, if you know what I mean. But your little girl would love her. All kids love the Doll Lady."
- luksemburga A deviant stimulus that appears among repetitive stimuli during an experiment, to trigger an event-related potential in the participant.